16. January 2018 Bulk File Copy and Rename (renameutils)
Sometimes you need to copy or rename a bunch of files, either following some pattern or arbitrarily.
11. May 2017 A better OMX Player Controller
omxplayeron the Raspberry Pi for video playback because it utilizes the Raspberry Pi’s hardware video decoding. Because the front-end is a separate application, I just need to remote control OMX Player to start and stop the video and figure out how far the video has played back already.
26. September 2016 Raspberry Pi Video Overlay on OMXPlayer via Kivy
In one of my hobby projects I needed to display additional infomation on top of a running video. The whole project is based on the Raspberry Pi and Python.
19. October 2014 Maximizing in Yosemite
Apple changed the behaviour of the small green button in the window controls from “Maximize” to “Fullscreen”.
11. October 2014 Swift Pitfalls
I’ve started a couple experiments in iOS 8 development using Apple’s new language Swift and learned a few lessons that I want to share.
16. March 2014 Building Things with Raspberry Pi
Over the weekend I helped a friend out developing a kiosk video player based on Raspberry Pi.
We’re now using the following, with good success:
21. February 2014 Rover in Action
I’m working at a software company. One of our side projects is the integration of new control concepts and input devices to robotic control.
28. November 2013 Raspberry Pi Pulling the Plug
While browing for different breakout boards for the Rover I’ve discovered a nice little board that has a push button and logic pin to control a MOSFET.
This little contraption allows switching on and off the power, say through a USB cable.
Below is what I did to make the Raspberry Pi switch itself off completely on system shutdown.
26. November 2013 Using the Motor Controller
The Raspberry Pi has only a single PWM output. The Dagu Rover 5 chassis has 4 motors and 4 optical encoders that need reading as well. So my approach was to get a PWM servo/logic controller that could control the Dagu Motor Controller and additionally some servos for the camera pan/tilt.
25. November 2013 New Web Site Skin
I’ve updated the skin on the web site for something better looking.
21. November 2013 Building a Rover
Recently I’ve started building a remote-controllable rover. The main purpose of this is the exercise of controlling an embedded system and make actual things move with code.
2. September 2011 The Awesome Space Muffins
We participate as the Awesome Space Muffins. T-Shirt artwork by me :-) Idea by Eduardo.